My speedometer bit the dust yesterday...and although it is nice to think you're going 120 mph when you're really going about 15 mph, this is nicer:
The loaner car I got from the dealership has butt-warmers and a sunroof.
How sweet it is to be me for the next three days to a week... 6:43 PM
Comments:
Oh, I neglected to mention that the loaner car ALSO has a DVD player in the backseat, complete with someone's abandoned copy of The Grudge starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, AND the brake and gas pedals move with the touch of a button so that you can get them in just the right spot. And yes, I have totally driven around this week with the sunroof open in 15-degree weather. :)
The car is stylin'. To begin with, it's a striking shade of bright purple. It has a lot of seemingly superfluous buttons -- turbo charge?? -- and random pieces that come apart from the dash with the most minor fiddling. Also, I think it bit me.
But, oh, to drive around with the all-season sunroof!
Ooh, this car just keeps getting better...on the way back from the grocery store tonight, it told me that the roads were possibly bad by putting a "ICE POSSIBLE" message on the console. Rock!
....yeah, so I still have the loaner car. Two more bonuses: 1. Thanks to Chuck, I have now realized that there is not just one, but THREE sunroofs in this thing. One over the front, and one over each of the back seats. 2. On account of my being an idiot, I thought that since I couldn't SHOVE a CD into the stereo, it must not have a CD player. Turns out that instead of having no CD player, it has a 6-FRICKIN'-DISC CD CHANGER IN-DASH, but you have to push the "load" button to awaken it. All kinds of awesome, now that I figured out how to work it. :) According to the dealership, I was supposed to get my car back this week...and it seems that the week has ended at this point, so...not really sure what that means.