{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{9.18.2005}

 
BRENDA. AWESOME. AS USUAL.

She was admittedly a little bit wasted, and yes, she totally burped into the microphone AGAIN.

I was extremely pleased to see that the short, cute hairdo is back, but I'm not so sure about the hot pink tanktop with camo pants. Hmm...

The new stuff was all excellent, except for the 4,000 songs about the North Dakota flu epidemic of 1919. I'm just NOT engaged by that subject at all, I guess. There was a really cute one she wrote for her hubby a few days ago, but my favorite was an untitled number that I'm calling "Not to worry." She even did something I never thought I'd witness: a Britney Spears cover. Yeah. The Richie Valens' "Oh Donna" rendition totally made up for it, though.

Ooh, AND for the first time in two years, I heard her play "Weave my way." It's about freakin' time...I guess all my wishing and hoping without screaming out my request over the crowd finally paid off.

In other news, I'm infatuated with the Bryant-Lake Bowl...and last night I peed my pants.

It's not only sad, but it's something that's true / Bad days come more often than good days do.

12:05 AM
Comments:
Did you pee yourself because Brenda was covering Brit? I wish Brenda would go off-book when I see her play. That rules.  
Well, actually, that was LAST night that I peed my pants. It was one of those situations where you realize you have to go, but it's not convenient to go. You wait and you wait and you wait, and then when you're finally turning on the bathroom light and looking straight at the pot from the doorway, your body goes, "OH SWEET! Let's go RIGHT now!" I'm just not fast enough at pulling my pants down, it seems.  
i second lovin' the new hair cut AND lovin' the new song to her husband. (any song that has something about kung fu in it is cool by me.) okay, and i just i general love brenda, too. want to be REALLY jealous of me? she's coming in for coffee sometime today before she goes to cedar rapids. i'll totally tell her that you want to marry her if you want.

oh, and ps, i *heart* bryant lake bowl, too. it's like we're soul mates, karen!  
Does Brenda's hubby do kung fu? He's not a dentist then? :(  
Post a Comment
spacer