{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{7.26.2005}

 
Geez, I SUCK at blogging lately. But I digress...

My favorite petite amiga came to see me last weekend in the face of her impending move to Mizzou. ...All of a sudden, I have totally lost my train of thought....it's like I know that we had a blast, but I'm blanking on all the details that might be fun to write down. Lemme see if I can drum up a few highlights, at least:

+ a special bff-esque moment courtesy of five special men in my life who can "rock your body right"...

+ mmm...hamburger jerky...

+ a challenging discussion that made me feel pretty crappy or presumptive or judgemental or pretentious, or maybe all of those...but everything i said also came from my heart, so i'm not really sure what to make of that, i guess. i'm a jerk, perhaps?

+ mmm...surprisingly delicious shredded pieces of an ENTIRE roasted sow...

+ it's official: my becky is comfortable in lots of normal-people-would-be-awkward-here situations (i.e. crashing weddings, going out with complete strangers, showing up lackadaisically & possibly underdressed for a Broadway musical, etc.)

+ mmm...turkey sandwich with apples on it....yeah, I was totally surprised it was good, too!

+ dancing is UBER fun with people like Assman, Napoleon Dynamite (complete with a liger-insignia'ed wristband, FFF!), The "It's-My-Birthday!" Guy, The Overapologetic "I'm-sorry-I-groped-you" Dude, and Matthew McConaughey...

+ mmm...black olives...oh wait, no I actually DON'T like those, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter. damn you and your poorly written menu and your $400 tour de beer, Old Chicago!

Wow, I just realized that I totally forgot to capitalize properly up to this point. Try to overlook that if you can. I know it will bug the CRAP out of me til the end of time.

At any rate, I had so much fun...and apparently ate a lot. It was pretty much worth it, though.

B, I can't wait til November to see what the next chapter looks like. I don't even have to tell you how pumped I am to see where your passion takes you in the years to come...cuz you totally already know. (*insert twilight-zone-y E.S.P. noises here*) I just LOVE the way we are--Let's never change it, k?

9:33 PM
Comments:
can we pinky swear on it?

cuz i too had enough fun and was amazed at despite whatever distance divides us, you see into me and through me like nobody else. and that surprises me not at all.

NO part of you is a jerk. i totally appreciate that conversation. it was hard and i did struggle right along with you, but those are things you should say to me whenever you feel them because you're like my friend. and like i told you on the elevator (yes, riding that whole ONE flight), you can say things that may be unpleasant to me like nobody else can. and i wouldn't choose to have anyone else say them to me. because for some reason, coming from you they are not judgemental, not patronizing, not condemning, not defensive, not offensive, and are presented with love instead of harshness. because it's what you're feeling. and i want to know. and i wouldn't choose to have it come at me any other way or from anyone else. *cross my heart*

and yeah...Matthew McConaughey. man was he beautiful.

also...
+overexcited waitor who was probably gay but eye flirted for a good tip

+sharing an umbrella!! :)

+Chuck and his queens

+scary scary red eyes

+fuckin' yeah on platinum cd's

+budgeting spreadsheets

+"is he going to spit on us?"

yeah, i could do this forever. cuz i just love you that much. thanks, sweet sweet karen for your blessings and words of kindness. i just couldn't love you any more.  
Post a Comment
spacer