|
8.25.2004
Holy Smokes. It's been an entire month since my last post. Well, if it makes you feel any better, you haven't really missed any really GOOD stuff. Just a lot of stress, tiredness, and mental anguish. Let's sum it up, even though I'm sure I'm leaving something out:
1 totaled car + 1 world-renowned medical institution + 1 crumbled relationship + 2 stupid decisions at a party + 1 job offer from the federal government + basically $0 to my name + four 18-hour days every week = OVERWHELMED KAREN.
The worst part is that I don't have any time to wallow. Like usually when I feel crappy (which often parallels when I feel overwhelmed), I like to take some time to do a lot of napping, some all-day-long TV-watching, and a great deal of crying. It's my self-therapy, since those five ACTUAL therapists' techniques didn't really help much.
I literally do not know what else to write. That's sad. Um...my high school reunion is on Friday. Some would say that that would be another negative to add to the above equation, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. It's gonna be a big ego-deflater, though, when I get there and realize that I'm not the only one who's gotten considerably cooler (in their own opinions) since high school. I wanna win the whole thing. Like give me a medal or something. For being a lot thinner, maybe. Or for picking up an extra 1.2 languages. Or for knowing that school is not the most important thing in life. Ooh! Or for actually deserving the title handed to me during the last week of my senior year: "Most Likely to Rebel After High School." Okay, yeah, I do think that I'm still the same genuinely good person that I was back then--maybe even a better person now, actually--but I have done my fair share of bad things. I haven't been to jail yet or gotten knocked up (immaculately, Mom and Dad), but...for the nerdiest naive pervert teacher's pet fat girl in my class, I think I've really LIVED a lot since I was 18. And I turned out exceptionally well considering.
'Member when I just said I had no idea what to write? Oops. Stream-of-consciousness rocks. Time to go make the doughnuts.
3:09 PM
|
 |