|
2.23.2004
She's all that...and a bag o' crazy! I'm referring to the completely off woman from the #2 Southbound today. At the stop, she seemed homeless, yet normal. She was telling some reallllllllllllllly long, drawn-out story to one of the more tolerant U students standing beside her, and nothing seemed awry. Ah, but when you try to confine the insanity to a mass transit vehicle, that's when things really get nuts. She sits down right in front of me. Bully for me, it turns out. She was flailing her arms (coming just micra away from hitting me in the face several times), yelling at people outside on the street (she thought they were all her daughters, you see), shaking her head back and forth at Mach-8 (Excedrin tension headache anyone?), pacing up and down the aisle, and just generally carrying on with total nonsensitude. Mind you, I was on the takes-me-longer-to-get-home-but-at-least-I-don't-have-to-stand-downtown-for-a-longass-time-waiting-for-a-connection bus, so I got to endure this for....eh.....like an hour. Tweren't for the magical Philips Key Ring Audio Player, I might not've made it. Thanks, big business!
My weekend was ALSO kinda crazy, come to think of it. Beginning last Wednesday, I got the treat of viral tonsilitis (most likely caused by some little guy in the Adenoviridae family, by the way), which brings with it myalgia, malaise, mumps (well, not really, but it felt like it), and a fever that peaked somewhere in the 102 range. First time in my life I ever BEGGED a doctor to give me some freakin' drugs to make the pain stop already, but I digress....Beautiful Becky & Jonesin'-4-the-Ladies Josh were up to visit, too! We had so much fun, despite my probably annoying sickness; I always forget how much I miss my favorite friend when we're apart. *tear* We spent the day on Saturday sifting through the treasures of Goodwill, eating grill cheese and playing cribbage with my folks (who never cease to effortlessly entertain people in my age bracket), pilgrimage-ing to the mecca that could only be SexWorld, and roundin' it all out with a nice dose of queens and queers at the Gay90s. Loved the drinks and the company, but hands down best moment: trying to delicately plunk (while in reality probably harshly jamming) a dollar bill in a male stripper's buttcrack. Becky takes the cake for bravery, as she was the pioneer this time, but...well, I'm chalking one up for me, too. One small step for normal people, one GIANT LEAP OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE for good ol' Karen here.
And finally, it is crazy that I haven't said a word about the DB in my blog in SO long. Guess I've been kinda busy avoiding that situation altogether...like I totally have days where I'm just like, "I'm over him. I don't have the urge to call him every five minutes anymore, that's positive progression, and I should recognize and enjoy it. Go me, eat some Haagen-Dazs." But other times, like twice on Valentine's Day and again last night, for instance, he calls me up with the I-really-don't-think-he-knows-how-sad-&-lonely-he-sounds voice and says that he misses talking to me, was concerned why we hadn't been in touch more often, etc. I wanna tell him I think that's how it is supposed to be when I don't "like him like that" anymore...that he's in the normal friend pool now just like Becky, Jill, Sara, Jason, Felicia, and Robby, who I have the best intentions to call periodically, but VERY rarely get around to it in light of my hectic-ness. But I gotta give him props for his major efforts to be attentive to the state of the friendship and all....it's just too damn bad that he's a little too late with all this business. I love him as a friend, but all that other drama & stress...I'm so done with it.
Go me..............right? It's hard to tell sometimes when to stick to your guns in defense of your heart and when you have to forego what you feel so that those around you can feel warm and cozy in their relationships. Hmmm...that sounds like a good pre-nap topic for me to ponder. I leave you with this: I laid down a whoooole lot of Wiener today. Think about it...
4:46 PM
|
 |