|
10.23.2003
Well, I'm actually going to report the Diagnostic Microbiology songs punctually this week, since I seem to have a wealth of time this evening, for some reason. Perhaps I should take the opportunity to get to bed early, but....well, this comes first:
Week 7 (Urine and Stool Cultures):
*"EEEEEEEEEE. Coli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Um yeah, that was supposed to be like the Ricola commercial.)
*"U Can't Drug This" in the style of MCHammer...And the best part: "Kirby time!" (I totally realize no one gets that except me, and maybe Mel, but it's hilarious to me, and that's what counts.)
*"Kirby-Bauer" to the tune of "Buddy Holly" by Weezer. The chorus goes like this: "Oo-ee-oo, I look just like Kirby-Bauer/Oh, oh, just like 12 disks on a plate..."
Oh shoot. This really IS only funny to me. Does it help if I tell you that Kirby-Bauer is a disk diffusion assay for antimicrobial susceptibility? Of course it doesn't. I'm such a nerd.
On a completely different topic, then....Siblings, you remember the Undead Kenny Rogers from the Thriller video, right??? 'Member how we weren't scared of him like we were scared of some of the other zombies? (cuz c'mon, it's Kenny Rogers; he's like an old Broman family friend!) Well, the people who live in the house next to my building have this big fence. And every morning when I'm outside having my cigarette, I hear that noise. THAT noise. The noise of Undead Kenny Rogers opening that creaky gate. And then I whip around to see the neighbors' creaky gate swinging eerily in the brisk fall breeze/tsunami-force winds. No Undead Kenny Rogers sightings so far, but it still creeps the FUCK out of me. Maybe it wasn't the best idea that we taped that Making of Thriller special and watched it ALL the time. I think it messed me up.
9:59 PM
|
 |