|
8.28.2003
I LOVE when my brain makes up things to explain to me gently that I'm waking up. In this instance, a group of people and I were coming out of some building on some college campus somewhere. As the door opened, I shrieked with half-childish-wonderment/half-sheer-terror as I said, "You guys, the ground's all icy! It's gonna be slippery!" (And any of you who know me know how many times I say that in the 9 Months MN Calls Winter part of the year.) So anyways, we get outside, and I cannot help myself; I HAVE to slide my feet on the ice. Who wouldn't? But this was some realllllllllllllly slippery ice. Cuz every time, I'd get going too fast and start spinning like Roller Girl from Studio 54. I'm NOT Roller Girl, though, I'm Me. Which means....? That's right, a complete and utter absense of balance and coordination. My friends kept helping me out in the dream; one of them would grab an arm and hold on tight or offer me a hand if I'd already fallen down (aww, they're so nice!). Then we'd walk a little ways and I'd do the same thing again.......and then I spun reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly fast, and my body woke me up. Isn't that awesome? There was so much about it that was so uniquely me, and I kinda wanna lay back down and see if it comes back...but Friends is on tonight. Shoot. I mean, yay. I mean, wait a minute, what was the question again?
Anyways, I'm obviously still in Sleepy Karen mode here...so I realize that I may not remember writing this later. Don't anybody give me too much shit if it's the stupidest thing you've ever read, k? I get confused sometimes.
6:17 PM
|
 |