|
6.03.2003
I'm back in America! Oh boy! (Yeah, make sure you get the sarcasm there...) I'm sure that the post-Europe depression will be setting in soon, as it unfortunately always does, but for now, I'm in a prima mood. Ask me again in an hour when I'm doing my 45 tons of laundry, though...
Nothing huge to say today as I haven't had enough time to reflect yet. However, there is this one thing:
Today in Atlanta, the U.S. Customs official guy stamps my passport, and as he's handing it back to me, he says with his cute little Southern drawl, "Thar ya go...You take care of your pretty little self now, alright?" I think to myself, "Aww...That was SOOO nice!" I beam at the guy and walk away. Then I'm on the escalator like eight seconds later, and the super-female part of me kicks in and wonders what he REALLY meant by that. Today I was wearing sagged-out jeans, $4 Wal-Mart tennies, a shirt that I've worn about five times without washing, and a do-rag in my hair. And of course y'all (hmm...this may be the first time it's actually been somewhat appropriate for me to say y'all...) remember what I look like. So I'm pretty positive that I looked neither "pretty" nor "little." Was he just being nice? Was he patronizing me in a stereotypically Southern fashion? Does he ACTUALLY mean "take care," as in "take a shower and change your clothes, ya big slob?" YOU be the judge.
More importantly, I think I'm gonna need to move to the South now. Cuz the chocolate men are VERY VERY attractive there. Couldn't understand a word any of them said, but I DID manage to flirt with one of the security friskers at Checkpoint A, nonetheless. Derrr, I'm such a dweeb.
8:43 PM
|
 |