|
6.17.2003
I cannot believe how much I LOVE reading now that I don't HAVE to read if I don't feel like it...I'm already on my third book of the summer. This one is another gem from Jenn's Book Club (which is probably waaaaay less vomitous than Oprah's!). I tried to read this particular selection last summer, but found it to be boring and to contain too many big words which required actual thought on my part. I was definitely NOT pumped to attempt it for the second time, but once you get past the first seven chapters (!!!), it turns out to be pretty good. Here's my favorite line so far (like you care):
"A secret gay love affair with a Jesus freak! I can't wait to tell all your science friends."
You probably would have to read it to find that as entertaining as I do, but...well, I don't really care what you think. So there. Is it sad that I don't have anything more scandalous, provocative, and/or idiotic to blog about other than the books I'm reading? Let's kid ourselves and say that I'm hiding the TRUE excitement that this summer has held for me so far because I don't think you could handle it.
12:48 AM
|
 |