{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{5.12.2003}

 
Whoa, guys. It's soooo refreshing to know that the Mullet is alive and well in Minnesota. I just saw the best femullet ever at Wal-Mart. All teased up and sprayed on top, sleek and straight down the back. Classic. :)

Ok, but that's not really what I wanted to blog about...I did it, y'all. I graduated from college. It feels like a lot bigger deal than I thought it would, actually. Like I'm really proud of myself, and I LOVED my time at Central, so it's seriously so all good. Not that I'm not gonna miss my friends immensely, cuz I already do miss 'em a little, but...all in all, a GREAT occasion. I feel awesome about it.

One more important thing about Central College: Evolution was the absolute most worthless class I've ever taken in my entire life. Yes, I fought with the prof via e-mail. Yes, she hated me for awhile, but didn't forget to send me cards for both my birthday and my graduation. Yes, I still got an A in the class. But there are definitely some reallllllly annoying things about this woman and her stupid class. And lucky for all of you, Jason has been building a list over the course of the semester which outlines these points; I'd like to share some of them with you now (and Jason, I might have embellished on some of them, but don't take it personally):
*"Capstone class"...bullshit.
*When a test is supposed to take 1 hour, yet it actually takes two, she remarks that we should "write more detailed answers."
*In the lab, work together with people, but "don't come up with the same answers."
*Let's cover 3 chapters in 3 days...Good idea.
*I hate FlyNap. [See my 2.25.03 blog for more on that one...]
*My mind doesn't work in millions of years...it works in today, tomorrow, and yesterday. And sometimes last week. [on the evolutionary time scale]
*Let's flip out when [we're talking] and lab was supposed to start 1 minute ago. Hey, guess what? It's a three-hour lab. Leave me alone.
*Since Evolution is the only class that anyone has, we can start to study for the test a week beforehand without any worries. Yeah right.
*Lab report [and 20-minute presentation!] one week, test the next, lab practical the week after that. I love this class.
*Give me the damn notes before you start talking about the chapter. [My addition would be that her notes are COMPLETELY worthless anyways, but...yeah.]
*Threaten to make the tests even longer. [We must've been misbehavin' that day!]
*Enough asking, "Does that make sense?" Once or twice is okay...every other minute is NOT.
*Since when does a test with "20 questions" on it turn into a test with 32 questions?
*One final thought: The movie "Evolution" is MUCH better than the actual Evolution class.

Thank you, Jason. That was a nice summary...love the attitude. Now hopefully our classmates didn't ALL give her bad evaluations like I did. She better start job-hunting. :)

In other news, tomorrow I'm leaving for Europe for about three weeks. Mostly back to the Nederland, but also over to Austria to see my little Wien-er for a few days. Should be good times...look for some CRAZY blogs. I hope Europe is blogtastic; I don't really want to fuck with mass e-mails again.

Oh shit! I forgot to take my laundry out of the dryer! They DO wear really tight jeans in Europe, but...I better go. Catch ya on the flip side.

4:02 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
spacer