{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{3.11.2003}

 
What I Learned Tonight: (while out to dinner in Minneapolis with my parents and their old-balls friends)

1. My mom and I have EXACTLY the same smoking schedule. And certainly two people smoking at once is somehow better than two people tag-teaming it. Makes us feel a unity in our stupidity and failure to respect our bodies. Hurray for smokers. Ugh.

2. My dad can still work his mojo, even when he's not trying to. If he ever starts finding old obese women with deep voices attractive, Sue better start learning how to streetfight, cuz I doubt her 5'4" frame could take down one of these hoochies. I'm reminded of a song: "If you mess with my man..." Nivea and those hot twins from Jagged Edge are wiser than they look.

3. I really AM the only one who doesn't love Rod Stewart. Laugh it up, DB...I guess I owe you an apology for all the fun I've had at your expense.

4. It IS possible for a 21-year-old girl to fall madly in love with a 60-something white guy. Especially when he drives a Mazda Miata! Mmmm...Mazda Miata...

5. My parents and their friends don't see nuthin' wrong with callin' homosexuals "THE GAYS"...That bothers me almost as much as people referring to Asian people as "Orientals." So uninformed. Yuck.

6. If men are balding, it's always a good idea to leave two tiny circular tufts of hair just above your eyebrows to remind people that, yes, you did have hair at one time. I would have thought, why not just shave them off and own the baldness? I guess I am just NOT in the hair-loss loop these days. I'll get right on top of that.

And there's another thing I need to get on top of....whoa, slow down and wait for it, perverts...

I had really good intentions to do some studying this week, and since I feel bad that I've been so lazy (but mostly because it's due tomorrow), I think I'll write an essay about Verdi's La Traviata this evening. I think it'll mainly be about the fact that the beautiful Romanian woman who played Violetta was absolutely amazing. But her name (Mihela Maxim) reminds me of porn, for some reason. I might write about that, too.

It's back to the Evil Empire tomorrow. Maybe during my day off, the management has 'managed' to remove their heads from their asses. But...probably not.

10:38 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
spacer