|
3.03.2003
People are so cute!
Another awesome compliment that came completely out of the blue:
gieselle: "Karen, you know Josie, right?"
karen: "Yeah..."
gieselle: "Well, she told me the other day that she thinks you're really really pretty."
karen: *at this point, I made a dumb shocked/flattered face* "Aww...I think that SHE's really cute, too!!!"
gieselle: "Yeah, I told her I'd let you know."
karen: "You and Josie just absolutely made my day! Yay!"
Sooooo cute, right???
Oh, and did you guys hear the BIG news??? The battle is finally over; we're getting rid of the ugly steel scullery sink in the VSC Stockroom, and this is what my boss (who asked to have her name excluded...let's just say it starts with a G and ends with a Wendolyn) had to say about it: "It just goes to show that when people tell ya no, you just keep being persistent; they meant 'maybe'....and eventually, you'll get your own way." A great life lesson.
And...Jason just used a scissors to catapult a tack at my head. Real nice, buddy. I'm so lucky to have you...Asshole.
Lastly, I got a new book (from the stacks the library was gonna throw away) entitled, Human Sexuality: Contemporary Perspectives, circa 1973. So I was thinking that there's probably some humorous stuff in this masterpiece. Therefore, until it's not funny anymore, I'm gonna share an excerpt from it with every post. Starting right now...enjoy. [The bracketed portions are my additions, of course.]
"All animal courtship patterns are organized in a typical sequence, and the course taken by a human love affair is no exception. For convenience, we can divide the human sequence up into twelve stages, and see what happens as each threshold is successfully passed. The twelve (obviously over-simplified) stages are these: Eye to body, Eye to eye, Voice to voice, Hand to hand, Arm to shoulder [The book later clarified this as "trunk" contact...huh?], Arm to waist, Mouth to mouth [complete with 'full frontal embrace,' apparently], Hand to head [wait a minute...which head?], Hand to body [heavy petting, anyone?], Mouth to breast, Hand to genitals, and finally, Genitals to genitals."
By the way, that chapter was called "Sexual Intimacy." And I think that's really funny. There's nothing intimate about 'trunk' contact. Unless I've been doing something wrong here...hmmm....
2:55 PM
|
 |