{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{3.07.2003}

 
My mind is mashed potatoes. And lots of 'em.
I had a short five-hour drive home this evening...usually it feels like it takes FOREVER, but today, I was lost in thought.

To avoid boring you with the details, I've selected an all-purpose song that covers pretty much everything, I think. So here ya go...I give you "Change" from Life in General: take it away...

House of wonder, house of pain / Looking out for all the things that I have tried to rearrange
Boiling water, burning sun / Holding onto memories of everything that I've ever done
Change is coming and change is good / It's done everything that I ever wished it would
But it stands so tall, it walks so strong / It's taking over me
Change is coming and change is good / It's done everything that I ever hoped it could
But it keeps me awake at night
Worn-out shoe soles, hurting pride / Making sense of all the places that I've been on the inside
My hands are hurting, waking nights / Now I wonder why I ever wanted to start this fight
Change is coming and change is good / It's done everything that I ever hoped it could
But it keeps me awake at night
You are beauty, you are grace / I thank you for the times that you managed to keep me in my place
Red-orange leaves fall into love / Watching as the wind fills the wings of my very own turtledove
Change is coming and change is good / It's done everything that I ever wished it would
But it stands so tall, it walks so strong / It's taking over me
Change is coming and change is good / It's done everything that I ever hoped it could
But it keeps me awake at night.

Great song, guys. Great song. Would probably be even great-er if I could italicize the important parts for ya...but alas, the Mac in MN won't let me. Many apologies.

As I sit in front of this computer and sip one of my mom's Miller Lites, I would just like to say: "Here's to Spring Break, motherfuckers."

11:48 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
spacer