{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{3.10.2003}

 
My dad's old. But he's also funny.

We were just talking about dental work (cuz braces could potentially be in my near future), and we couldn't remember what the difference is between an overbite and an underbite. So I said, "Well, I mean the one that goes like this," and then did my best to imitate a ShihTzu's smile. Then my dad said, "Oh! You mean like a 'Penny Puppy!!!'" For a moment, I was trying to think of how to make fun of him for being so damn senile and confusing, but then I got it. Penny Puppy. Grandma and Grandpa Giger's old dog whose teeth got progressively worse over time until only one remained in the center of the bottom of her lower jaw. And then she died.

Hey! Or we could rather think of the same dental disarray as the 'Little Fishy' face that Jenn always made Jon make when we were little. Sorta resembled a Northern pike with VERY shifty eyes...and then there was the 'Little Fishy' rhyme that ended with Jon biting Jenn's fingers.

I'm so into nostalgia today, apparently. I think it all started this morning around 9 when I realized that Red Wing's Wal-Mart Supercenter not only has CareBears figures (which I plan to buy asap), but also Strawberry Shortcake dolls! (And yes, they're still scented.)

We missed you, 1980s, and we're glad you're back.

6:42 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
spacer