|
3.31.2003
The 48-Hour Break---Hour 21: Just as I thought that I was going to die (cuz I'm the most impatient person ever and Hour 20 was really taxing), I got a 'just-to-say-hi' phone call from the DB. Wow, guys, I really messed this one up. I feel like the fact that I was completely distracted allllll day thinking about this made me the SuperBitch of the century when he finally called. I may have laid the sass on a little too thick. And as a result, I feel a little better, and he feels a LOT worse. Umm...why me??? I just want to be a normal, emotionally stable person for like one entire week, just to see how that feels. I bet it's really nice.
I know (after rolling your eyes at the above thoughts) that you will all enjoy hearing the highlight of the really wretched make-me-wanna-die conversation:
While looking for something in a stack of VERY IMPORTANT (cuz I'm a total packrat) papers that calls the crowded-yet-coveted space underneath the futon its home, I managed to snap myself REALLY hard, right between the eyes with a rubber band. After going through my mental list of obscenities, I commented to DB, "I think my head might actually be bleeding." Upon inspection, I found that it was not. But yes, it DID leave a mark...A serpent-shaped raised welt, actually.
Hilarious stuff, but I must repeat: Why me??? And to top it all off, I have to write a paper now. It's days like these that make me wish I was the next sacrificial virgin of the Yanamamis.
11:47 PM
|
 |