{My Grey Area } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{2.27.2003}

 
It's really not nice that America's so hypocritical. I mean, how come we can say to other baby-sized countries, "No, you can't have nuclear or biological weapons, and we're gonna make sure that you get rid of them," as we simultaneously (but not as explicitly) say, "But WE get to have nuclear and biological weapons, ok?" Very not cool. This has been bothering me all day.

And...to quote a young sage: "gotta risk to gain...can't be afraid of getting your heart stomped on, otherwise you'll never be able to get to those shiny, happy points in life where you're with someone and everything's great, you're the happiest you can remember yourself being for the longest time. now what's a little pain and heartache compared to that?"

When I extrapolated that statement to my own life, I came to this conclusion: Everyone should have a Dumb Bastard. Dumb Bastards are the best; they frustrate and challenge us, but they also enrich our lives with super special and meaningful friendships that we wouldn't trade for anything. I urge each and every one of you to seek out a Dumb Bastard to call your own. Sure, you'll cry about the sucky situation from time to time...But the rest of the time, folks, you'll think, "Hey, this is pretty damn great."

Everybody loves to feel all yay and glow-y on the inside, and only your Dumb Bastard can make you feel like that.

12:21 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
spacer