|
2.21.2003
I was duped. Sexy Nate (named after one of the metabolic intermediates of the citric acid cycle...trust me, it's a long story) gave a 10-minute presentation this afternoon in biology seminar while drunk off his ass. And I had absolutely NO idea...I just thought he was really annoying cuz he talked too fast and wouldn't let anyone get a word in edgewise during the class discussion. I feel like I'm normally a pretty perceptive person, so the fact that this eluded me kinda makes me feel like a retard. Which got me to thinking...
I wonder if my professors in the Netherlands could tell that I was drunk and/or stoned and/or trippin' during 80% of the classes I attended. I'm sure there were some days that it was really obvious, like the days when I was so out of it that I could find a small section of beige-painted wall to be the most fascinating thing ever, and trance on it for like two hours...or the days when I'm positive that a fragrant cloud of alcohol or hash fumes covered my whole person and everything within a 6-foot radius of it. But I'm thinkin' about the 'regular' days, when I'd just be mildly under the influence. I guess I'll probably never know...but I do know one thing: I was not alone! I bet less than half of the kids on my program had all their faculties about them during a given class period.
Ah, how I miss Europe.
At any rate, big ups to Sexy Nate for pulling it off relatively well..other than the part when he said 14.9% Celsius instead of 14.9 degrees Celsius, and the part when he told us that the 4 main body components of the red fox were "protein, fat, carbohydrates, and power!" Next week our seminar class is all meeting at the bar....so perhaps that'll be even more interesting.
4:20 PM
|
 |